Midi-Pyrenees Expansion - Strategic Involvement in the Dynamics of the Competitiveness Clusters
The organization of industrial sectors such as biotechnologies and health, support for business networks, the densification of links between industries, training and research have been the basics of our agency’s missions for many years.
For this reason, Midi-Pyrenees Expansion naturally joined in supporting this project.
MPE participated in elaborating, drafting, and finalizing the application for candidacy, submitted on February 28, 2005 to the Regional Préfet. Our teams were particularly active in:
- integrating the theme of “Health and Food” in the cluster’s scope
- associating SMEs with this process and promoting their R&D projects
- favoring the emergence of the 28 projects for public and private collaboration
…to certification on July 12, 2005,and implementation of the Cancer-Bio-Health competitiveness cluster
Midi-Pyrenees Expansion participated in:
- Preparing the cluster’s contract project: updating certified projects and promoting them to national agencies (e.g. ANR) for attribution of 2005 budgets
- Promoting the cluster during international expos in 2005 such as the BIO Expo in Philadelphiaand the European Biotechnologies Crossroads in Lille.
“Midi-Pyrenees Expansion… which coordinates the SME dossier within the follow-up committee for the Cancer-Bio-Health cluster, was a driving force in their integration within the steering committee. …MPE was also deeply involved in drafting the application for candidacy, and since the certification, in preparing the cluster’s contract project.”
Roland Bugat, President of the Cancer-Bio-Health Cluster